Skip to main content

Becoming a Business Intelligene and Data Analyst

In order to learn SQL, here are the steps I'm using:

I'm working through:
I've also joined/downloaded/am using:


Shalom שָׁלוֹם: Live Long and Prosper!
Darrell Wolfe
Storyteller | Writer | Thinker | Consultant | Freelancer

Popular posts from this blog

Lesson Plan: Acquiring a Business Using SBA 7(a) Loans - Overview

ChatGPT-4o Prompt: After a multipronged conversation with GPT about SBA loans, I asked: Draft up a lesson plan based on this entire conversation on all the things I would need to learn and what places I should go to try to learn them. Lesson Plan: Acquiring a Business Using SBA 7(a) Loans Objective: To understand the process and requirements for acquiring a business using SBA 7(a) loans and to identify the resources needed to successfully navigate this process. Week 1: Introduction and Preliminary Research Objectives: Understand the basics of SBA 7(a) loans. Identify the steps involved in acquiring a business. Activities: Research SBA 7(a) Loans: Read articles and guides on the SBA website about the 7(a) loan program. Watch educational videos on YouTube about SBA loans. Familiarize with the Business Acquisition Process: Review resources on SCORE.org about buying a business. Read case studies of successful business acquisitions. Resources: SBA.gov SCORE.org YouTube (search for SBA 7...

Are gas prices affected by the sitting US President (Under Construction, testing html view)

Gas Prices in USA, historical analysis This report is intended to review gas prices in the USA historically for comparison against various claims. One such claim is that the sitting US President has a direct affect on gas prices. Data from the EIA - US Energy Information Administration This dataframe set GasPrices_eia_prices_1970_2022 comes from the EIA website as a downloadable CSV. The EIA provides an FAQ for using the data, which includes instructions to download the CSV and for a reference Excel document that helps with conversion. “To obtain the historical prices from the SEDS data, use the CSV file for All States—Prices. In the file, the code for gasoline prices for the transportation sector, in $/MMBtu , is: State Abbreviation (in column A) and MGACD (in column B). For example, the code for Alaska is AK—MGACD . Those prices, in $/MMBtu, can be converted to approximate dollars per gallon using the heat contents in Table A3 Petroleum consumption and fuel eth...

Using INDIRECT to obtain a VLookup with a variable array reference

Case Study for using INDIRECT to obtain a VLookup with a variable array reference *For reference: I did not build this workbook, it came this way and I'm stuck with it until I can rebuild it correctly next year.* The Problem: I have a legacy workbook that I have to rebuild for next year, but his year I'm stuck with.  This workbook has at or near 100 tabs that need to be referenced on a Totals and Subtotals set of pages. There are a thousand better ways to do that, especially using Power Query and Power Pivot, but here we are. These sub-totals pages were for specific sub-sets of the data that could be found on any given page (Ex: One sub-totals page looks for all properties with a PC Code "548"). On the sub-totals pages, the previous builder had simply linked the cells to the various pages; resulting in over a thousand rows of data that looked like this: //='2001'!$A$20// However, when the end-user filtered the data on the origin pages, the data on the sub-tota...